Budget Committee Charge and Membership
Goal: The budget process is clear, meets requisite laws and targets, and supports college goals and values.
- Identify and acquire the necessary training to function effectively as committee members.
- Recommend a timeline for budget development that takes into account district and state budget deadlines and time for review, response and changes in the proposed allocations before the final decisions are made.
- Develop criteria for budget decisions based on items such as annual goals, strategic plans, program reviews, Educational Master Plan, legal mandates, accreditation requirements, and other elements as appropriate.
- Communicate the proposed criteria to the campus widely for feedback prior to adoption.
- Annually review and modify the criteria that will be used in making budget decisions for the coming fiscal year.
- Establish clearly articulated processes for reviewing budget requests.
- Design and implement a mechanism that allows for timely college review, input, and modification to the proposed budget before it is submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval.
- Annually assess and review the budget development process and documents completed by department chairs and managers to improve processes and forms.
- Develop a communication plan to keep the college apprised of information that impacts the budget.
- Meet at least once a month during the fall and spring semesters with possible meetings during the summer.
- Provide a representative to participate in the district’s Budget Allocation Model review group.
- Advocate for timely budget projections from the district office.
Scope of Authority
All members regardless of individual interests will focus on budget processes and procedures, to insure alignment of college-wide planning and budget allocations.
President, College Council, Academic Senate
link to membership list
Co-Chaired by College President and Academic Senate President
- Executive Vice President
- Executive Director of Administrative Services
- Associate Vice President of Student Services
- One dean or director. Term: 3 years
- Five faculty appointed by the Academic Senate. Term: 3 years (staggered).
- One faculty representative will be the IEC faculty co-chair or designee.
- No two from the same department.
- The CSEA President or classified designee from College Council
- Three classified staff representatives appointed by the CSEA. One classified representative should be from student services, one classified representative should be from administrative services and one classified representative should be from educational services (instructional area). Term: 3 years (staggered).
- One or two Student Government Association representatives. Term: 1 year.
- Representatives from other committees or those with particular expertise may be brought in as needs arise for short-term consultation.
This page was last updated:
January 10, 2011
Contact for this page: Nick Strobel